Although the services we provide have the greatest impact and reach we have ever had – our work is far from over. The recently released Writing Themselves in 4, The Health and Wellbeing of LGBTIQA+ Young People in Australia, NSW Summary Report found;
- 21.8% of participants had experienced one or more forms of homelessness in their lifetime, 10.5% in the last 12 months
- 27% reported that their experience/s of homelessness were related to being LGBTIQA+
- 39.9% had self-harmed within the past 12 months
- 58.9% of all participants had seriously considered attempting suicide in the previous 12 months, and over one-quarter 26.2% of all participants and 27.1% of those aged 16-17 had attempted suicide in their lifetimes
- 10.2% had attempted suicide in the last 12 months and 26.2% had done so at some point in their lifetime.
This research data tells us that now, as much as ever, young LGBTIQA+ people in NSW need the specialist support of services such as Twenty10.
With your support, we can continue to grow our mental health support services, our services for regional young people and for those living in Western Sydney. Whether that’s through donating, spreading the word about our work, sharing our work online, or just dropping by at our events, we want to thank you for every little moment you share with us and our communities.