In our full day trainings, the following topics are covered in their entirety. This is our recommended training for organisations wishing to get the most out of their LGBTIQA+ Inclusivity training.
Participants engage a broad range of resources. You will also have time for practical break out groups to discuss learnings within your own contexts and settings. Our full day training allows plenty of time for questions and discussions with our qualified trainers.
We will help participants:
- Understand the LGBTIQA+ acronym, and unpacking language and terms like gender, sexuality, sex characteristics and identity.
- Recognise realities for LGBTIQA+ populations – current leading research, social and health impacts of discrimination, stigma, microaggressions.
- Develop affirmative practice-practical tools we can use to create a culture that is safer for LGBTIQA+ people to be themselves. We talk about things like inclusive verbal and visual language, pronouns and allyship.
- Identify gaps in LGBTIQA+ equity and culture within your work, school, or organisational practices.
- Identify resources and services to use with clients and workers.
- Develop ways to transform learnings into action as you discuss applications within your specific environments.
- In addition to the skills and knowledge that attendees build during this training, all participants will receive a certificate for taking part in our complete LGBTIQA+ Inclusivity Training.
Duration: 6 Hours
Fees: $3,500 (15% discount for not-for-profits & public schools)* + GST